Pages

Monday, November 11, 2019

my letter to my family

For writing we have to write a letter back to our family about War. We had to imagine we were in World War 1. Here is my letter to my mum and dad.


113c Tancred street 
Linwood 
Christchurch 
18.8.1914 

Dear Dad  and mum 

How are you guys ?

I'm in war right and guess what? We had to make our own trenches and dig them with out own hands. We have to eat, sleep and fight in our trenches. We have to use some of our food tins to make handmade bombs. Some of my friends are dying from the conditions in war. There are rats the size of cats. And there is something called trench foot!! Trench foot leads to amputations. There is a new weapon poison gas and we have to have rags covered in urine so we don’t get poisoned. Millions of rats are feeding on our scrap food. Lice, ticks and flies causing never ending itches and spreading trench fever it is disgusting.   
I hope to be back by Christmas.

Lots of love your favourite daughter 
Santara.


question: how would you feel if you were in war?  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Santara
    I love your blog post it is a interesting letter about war
    maybe next time proof read a tiny bit more but thats just what I think
    Great work
    -Megan

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post